Personify Care has been shown to deliver patient response rates of over 90% and patient risks to be detected early in 1 in 5 cases2. Without increasing workloads, patients can be monitored 8-times as often2 before and after their hospital stay by eliminating the manual effort involved in tracking and transcribing patient progress in between face to face visits and phone calls.
1. Better Prepared Patients: Less delays and cancellations
Preoperative assessments have been shown to reduce surgical cancellations caused by poor patient preparation, previously unidentified medical issues or nonattendance by the patient 5,6. Personify Care enables preadmission assessments to be completed by the patient early so that clinicians can be notified in time to address critical issues prior to admission. Saving time for clinical staff means preadmission assessments can be completed for more patients.
2. Save time & Improve the patient experience
Patients only recall 25% of written information provided by their clinician.1 This can lead to patients feeling unprepared and unsupported about their recovery.
Using Personify Care, clinicians send personalised information to a patient as and when they are ready to use it. The clinical team has a record of when the patient has consumed and acted on that information.
In a recent case study of patients with access to Personify Care, significantly less calls (up to 50% reduction) were received by the surgical practice and 86% of patients indicated they felt better supported after their surgery.2
3. Improve recovery | Reduce readmissions
Providing support and follow-up to patients post-discharge has been shown to reduce 30-day readmission rates by 23%.6 However, delivering post-discharge protocols to all patients can be costly. Some patients receive 1-2 phone calls over the 30 day period after discharge. Lack of visibility means the calls aren’t targeted to the patients that need them most.
Personify Care reduces the costs of delivering post-discharge protocols to patient populations by automating the process of collecting patient reported progress. Personify Care enables interventions to be targeted to the patients that need them most each day based on actual patient progress against existing clinical risk indicators.2
1 Godwin Y. Do they listen? A review of information retained by patients following consent for reduction mammoplasty. Br J Plast Surg 2000;53: 121-5
2. Saunders, A, Kollias, J, Saman, K. Beyond the Hospital Stay, Targeting patient support via mobile technology to reduce risk, save time and improve care, Heatlh Informatics Conference, 2016.
3. Gawande A. The hot spotters: can we lower medical costs by giving the neediest patients better care? New Yorker. 2011 Jan:40-51.
4. Ferschl MB, Tung A, Sweitzer B, Huo D, Glick DB. Preoperative clinic visits reduce operating room cancellations and delays. Anesthesiology. 2005 Oct;103(4):855-9.
5. Hines S, Munday J, Kynoch K. Effectiveness of nurse-led preoperative assessment services for elective surgery: a systematic review. JBI Database System Rev Implement Rep. 2015 Jul 17;13(6):279-317.
6. Harrison P, Hara P, Pope, J, Young, M, Rula, E. The Impact of Postdischarge Telephonic Follow-Up on Hospital Readmissions. Popul Health Manag. 2011 Feb; 14(1): 27–32.